Monday, October 12, 2009

Journey Towards Tzeentch (part 2): Rhino

Sorry for the slow update again. Since my wife being busy with her work, I just have to do all the photos editing myself. The problem is that I'm a noob with GIMP & Photoshop software. No matter how many times I learned it, it still can't get into my head. Well, this kind of stuff is just not for me. The obliterators already finished but still I felt that there still need to be improve. Will post it when it is 100% done.

Anyway, here's the 2nd Thousand Sons rhino I've done.




I've painted a script of sealing rune on both side of the vehicle. Instead of using the same Chaos runes, I went for my own style. I just simply moved my brush here and there, it came out naturally with some form of wording. Well, at least it closely matched the Chaos runes. I will post a tutorial for this in future.




All design here are free-hand painted and a bit different from the 1st rhino. My friends thought I used stickers!!!


My client requested that he want this vehicle to be design as "captured Space Wolves rhino"... As like the Thousand Sons Sorcerer cast a sealing spell on the vehicle and seal off the driver within to serve his will. My client also requested that the sealing rune design to be a bit like ninja manga boy sealing rune but in WH40K Chaos pattern. If you look closely, you might be able to guess who is this 'ninja manga boy'... Hehehe...

7 comments:

  1. U mean photo editing or painting? Painting took 1 week pass a bit while editing took me 2 week plus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. *drool*! This is seriously good!! I really like the writings and Egyptian feeling that you've captured here. Simply excellent mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "scraped off" wolf icon is very well done - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wild guess : "Naruto?!?" :P

    Great job m8! Terrific freehand!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guy for your appreciation!!!

    Milhalis - Good guess. Hahaha... It is from Naruto!!! I've changed it into Chaos style.

    ReplyDelete